Top 9 Marketing Trends You Need to Look Out in 2018 | Marketing Trends
Top 9 Marketing Trends You Need to Look Out in 2018
All successful marketers are finding new marketing trends that they could help in gaining over their competitors. Digital marketers are analyzing the marketing trends and preparing to have the best chances of setting their companies for success.
As we head into 2018, the time has come to identify top marketing trends for the year. Properly applying marketing trends to your marketing strategy will improve customer engagement. This would result n acquire more customers in your business this year.
So, here are the top 9 marketing trends for 2018.
- Live video streaming: The social media platforms have paved the way for the live video trend. But, instead of using social media for posting pictures and videos, you can now stream live content. Most consumers choose to watch a live video from a brand as opposed to reading a blog. People are more likely to purchase a ticket to events after watching a live stream of the event. The prominent live video platforms are Facebook live, YouTube live, Instagram live, Twitter and
Most businesses use this marketing trend as it gives them a chance to interact with their audience directly. You could communicate and get feedback from customers in real time. You can save those videos and repurpose that content in the future.
- Artificial Intelligence: This marketing trend is used to analyze consumer behavior. After the behavior is analyzed, these robots can make decisions according to how they are programmed. AI robots can start to take over some basic human roles. This results in allowing your team to spend more time on assignments that require actual human insight.
A chatbot is an example of AI. These computer programs can have conversations with your customers. It would give you an edge over your competitors who aren’t prepared.
- Micro Influencers: People on social media who have relationships with companies and get paid to promote products on their personal profiles. These people are known as micro influencers. It is a legitimate marketing trend. When it comes to social influencing, to be considered a celebrity, one has over 1 million followers. People with 500k–1 million followers, 100k–500k followers fall in macro influencer and middle influencer categories. Micro influencers have between 1k–100k followers on social media.
The brands are reaching out to these micro influencers because it is easier for people to relate to them. Another benefit of this strategy is the cost. If you want to partner with a celebrity like Beyoncé, it’ll cost you $1 million per post. But a micro influencer will cost you only $250 – $500 per post. Also, you could send them some free stuff to keep them happy.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is still a marketing trend. When we compare this marketing trend with others, it has the biggest impact on companies. Instead of coming up with new content marketing strategies, refine your existing ones. Make sure your content is relevant and has a clearly defined audience. Content marketing is great because it is not expensive. You could see an increase in sales and customer loyalty when you properly execute these strategies. Continue your content marketing efforts.
- Generation Z: It is important to target consumers while they are young so you can try to retain them for as long as possible. Millennials have helped to shape marketing trends over the last decade or so. Now the time has come to put more emphasis on younger generations as well.
Generation Z also called as iGeneration, Post-Millenials or the Homeland Generation are people born in the late 1990s to mid-2000s. The oldest people in this generation are entering their early 20s. Companies need to do more research on this generation and find out how to target them. So, start shifting your focus toward Generation Z in 2018.
Find out how the new generation is spending their free time. Take a look at how active Generation Z is in sports compared to the general population. As a matter of fact, even if your company does not make sporting equipment, you can still use this data for your marketing strategy. Focus your Generation Z marketing campaigns on physical activity or athleticism. Do your research, and find out what Generation Z wants and how they consume information. This would help you to acquire consumers.
- Consumer Personalization: You should give your customers a personalized shopping experience. It is one of the best ways to increase engagement and sales. This is what your consumers would want from you. Mostly, consumers choose retailers that use personalization to improve their shopping experience. Encourage people to create a customer profile on your website or mobile application.
That is essential for companies who have an e-commerce website. Personalization tactics make it easier to upsell and cross-sell to your customers. This way you could make more money without spending much. It’s cheaper to target your current customers than it is to acquire new ones. You can also send personalized email messages to your subscribers.
- Privacy Protection: Marketers need to start using privacy protection as a selling point. Your customers should know how you are protecting their information. You could do certain things that can add credibility to your website,
- display all your security badges
- provide up to date contact information
- add customer reviews and testimonials
- make it easy to navigate
- have fast-loading pages
- make sure your checkout process is secure
All these things will make customers feel safe when they are shopping. If your company appears untrustworthy online, it will be difficult for you to get lots of sales.
- LinkedIn: The Business-to-Business companies have better luck using social media platforms, email marketing tactics to connect with their clients. Most B2B marketers say that LinkedIn is the most effective platform for lead generation.
Connecting with a potential client on LinkedIn increases the chances of them buying from you by 50%. Beef up your LinkedIn presence if your company operates on a B2B revenue model.
- Interactivity: Your company needs to focus on interactivity, especially when it comes to email marketing. But do not expect to get different results by sending out the same boring emails over and over again. Interactive emails improve engagement with your subscribers. Here are some of the best ways to incorporate interactivity into your email marketing campaigns:
- use real-time marketing
- add surveys, polls, and reviews
- include videos
- add menus for easy navigation
- use GIFs instead of pictures
- add live shopping carts
I believe that this article has helped you with the information on the top 9 marketing trends you need to look out in 2018. If you have any doubt regarding this topic, please make sure to comment, the professional techies at Dotz Web Technologies are always happy to help you. Dotz Web Technologies is one of the top most Digital marketing and App Development company. We offer high-quality service in Web Design and development, SEO, Web Hosting, App Development, and Social Media Marketing. We are one of the top Web Design Company in India.
February 15, 2019
February 7, 2019
February 5, 2019